If you wish to achieve optimal results in your negotiations it is essential that you engage and communicate effectively with other people.
We have partnered with Praesentia Training to provide transformative communication skills coaching in order to provide additional support in maximising your potential as a complete skilled negotiator.
A coaching programme with Praesentia would be fully tailored to your needs,
drawing from the list of relevant topics below.
An introduction to powerful guiding principles of great communication: how to connect with your content, your own feelings, and the needs and feelings of your audience using practical techniques.
• Gesture and Eye Contact add impact and efficiency to your communication.
• Using the Voice to add warmth, meaning and power to your speech.
• Use the natural rhythm of English speech (Intonation) to add impact to your words, control your speed and maintain your audience’s interest.
How to make another person feel like ‘the only person in the room’, make positive first impressions and build lasting bonds.
• Certain physical and vocal behaviours inspire trust and warmth in others during conversations, will make them share more with us, and be more open to our message.
• By practising Active Listening we better retain what we are told, and make others feel supported in their sharing.
• To become a great listener, we must find what interests us in a person and their message, and relate these to our own story and message.
Being able to direct our listener towards a particular outcome is a powerful skillset for most professionals; particularly in sales, marketing and business development.
• The content of what we say is only a small part of a message’s potential: skilled intonation and grammar, and strong emotional intention, greatly enhance our impact.
• We can transmit specific emotions to our listeners through our words and
intonation, consciously influencing them. (Psychological Actions.)
• Skilled use of Gesture, Pauses and Eye Contact (non-verbal signals), builds trust and creates a strong connection with our audience.
Posture is hugely important in commanding the interest of our audience, whilst skilled use of gesture adds detail, nuance and efficiency.
• Clusters of behaviours combine to form very distinct impressions in listeners’ minds.
• We can move in a way that makes it easier to follow our thought process, and maintain listener attention.
• Our own posture & gesture significantly affects our state of mind; we can use this to prepare for various scenarios.
Methodical analysis of the circumstances around a tricky conversation always provides the roadmap to a successful outcome.
• If we acknowledge both the practical & emotional needs of the person we’re
communicating with, we can open a channel of trust, then make the other person feel acknowledged and understood.
• Almost all solutions can be mutually beneficial: true conflict scenarios are rare.
• If we have a clear image of our desired outcome, we will be able to pursue it
efficiently. With a clear objective, we can devise all of the other practical steps to